One of the big points of interest at the Mendix World 2012 conference was always going to be Derek Roos’s keynote talk. The co-founder and CEO presented on the state of Mendix in the last 12 months and shared some very interesting statistics:
- 100 of the most active Mendix clients (clients that use Mendix the most) have on average 22 on going Mendix projects, up 16 from 6 last year
- 4219 questions were posted on the Mendix community forum in the last 12 months – over 50% are answered under in under 16min indicating a very healthy committee
- Over 2000 companies are currently using the Mendix cloud
Further more Derek formally announced Mendix 5. While no release date was given what is clear is that there is a concerted effort to make the Mendix experience consistent primarily through 2 major features of the Mendix 5 platform:
- Single sign-on between running instances of Mendix applications
- A new UX template solution designed to allow modellers to create unique and consistent look and feel across many different devices
This morning Johan den Haan will be giving his talk and showing us more of the future and Mendix 5. We’re looking forward to hearing his roadmap and seeing more of Mendix 5.